Thursday, September 12, 2013

I am

I am 
a lover and a dreamer.
I wonder just how much I have in me
to give to the world
I hear laughter in the rain
I see a shining brilliance in every hand
offered to another
I want to find a peacefulness for which
I don’t yet know how to look

I am a lover 
(and a dreamer).
I pretend I am not made of glass when 
I feel like I may shatter
I feel the pulse of the earth under my feet
And I touch the heartbreaking blue limits of the sky
I worry that love can’t be enough 
to solve all the problems in this world
I cry knowing there are children going to sleep tonight 
without hope

I am (a lover and) a 
dreamer.
I understand we are all here for a reason, and
I say that those reasons are defined 
by the shining truths in 
us
I dream the dreams I dreamt as a child, and
I try to remember those dreams mean 
EVERYTHING
I hope this isn’t all in vain

I am a lover and a dreamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment