Monday, June 1, 2009

mindfulness

I'm not practiced in the art of mindfulness,
100% myself right then, right there,

I'm a thousand different places
a hundred different versions
ten different girls
and one life.

I am sitting here right now,
but another part of me is doing laundry,
another part of me is taking a math test,
another part of me is composing a poem,
another part of me is kissing a boy –
(his scruffy chin would be most welcome against my cheek)
another part of me lounges, topless, with a drink on a Hellenic beach,
another part of me mourns a death that has not happened,
another part of me lives in a dream,
another part of me dances in celebration,
another part of me is driving to the store,
(probably for more liquor)
another part of me is having sex
(it must have been a hell of a kiss)

and another part of me is dying swiftly, unexpectedly, ahead of the revelation I was supposed to receive...

No comments:

Post a Comment