Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The interview vampire

The interview vampires
Are the voices in my head
That tell me to go away
And go to sleep for a thousand years

They tell me that you will never get a job
That I will never have the experience
Needed to succeed
The interview vampires take over

Mostly at night
Right before I drift off to sleep
They keep me from drifting to sleep
The interview vampires are real

Every twenty-something
Has experience the wrath of
The interview vampires at
Some time or another

The interview vampires don't wear black
They don't suck blood
And they don't have fangs
They are very real, however

In my mind, the interview vampires
Take the form of an older man
Dressed in a three piece suit with tie
He smells of sharp cologne

The interview vampire
Fights a nasty fight
With pictures and words
And profanity

"What makes you feel that you can handle
A room full of pre-pubescent human beings?"
By yourself
Alone

"Why do you think you deserve a benefits package and a retirement plan?"
Two years of national service
Doesn't count
Inside the mind of the interview vampire.

The interview vampire
Will make you believe
That you are fully capable
Of nothing more than losing your mind.

The interview vampire
Will grab hold of your
Sanity
And hang on

For dear life

No comments:

Post a Comment