Saturday, December 12, 2009

HZL to GRN

upon my 25th year on this earth
my eyes have changed.
from HZL to GRN,
according to my drivers license.

i secretly scribbled down the change of color
as the woman looked right through me.
"read the top line" she said.
"stedfhuwldmhl" i read aloud.
but i really wanted to say
"i can be whoever i want."

how about this:

loss of 10 pounds.
donating my organs.
listening to the crunchiness of autumn.
placing old secrets in new chambers.
bringing back the dead.
putting death to my demons.
claiming silence in a noisy world.
opening closed doors.
asking questions without answers.
living in a home full of empty rooms.
desiring my deepest fears.

if only i could re-invent myself.
just check yes here,
no there.
pass it on.
process the fees.
print me a new card
with real changes.

and there is

no

expiration date.

renewable upon request.

1 comment: