Sunday, November 1, 2009

all the boys of myth (a love poem)

yesterday i spun a tale
cynical about love
clutching each thin strand
saying i'd never lead you out again

that was a lie

time still slows
at the command of your smile

sometimes i dream running
a pace set to a song
you are strumming across
the strings of my soul
an old song made new
in a rush of blood
from my shuddering heart

it breaks free from encircling bark

just let my warm hand
brush across your rough stony cheek
and make it flesh again

fingers graze across lips
brow rests on brow
grey blue lost in blue

boy
drop your bow
and kiss me

no one
(not even you)
craves solitude.

5 comments:

  1. I love this blog. How do I join in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. inaccurate ninja,

    thanks for the love, if you want to write some poems for the blog we would love to have ya! send me an email at alexander.arm.maki@gmail.com and we shall get you set up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tigi, this poem is great. not used to this side of you, but it really really works. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete