Saturday, November 21, 2009

sonuvabitch

the thing about the wind is
you can't see it           bend it               break it
                      mix it               separate it

you can't catch it and set it before you
                          trick it
                       trap it
                   you could negotiate

the presence of it
      gauge
   the speed
      at which
   it grips

a sock strapped to a flagpole

measuring wind
                  physical only
        in what it can animate

gluttonous
            wind, wanting to hold
                            all it touches.

3 comments:

  1. I love this, AB!



    P.S. You guys can feel free to leave feedback on what you want the template to be. I was kind of feeling that we needed a fresh face to the blog since it has survived a few months now, but let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey--the new template is a-ok. It makes the poems easier to read, having a white background. I like this. Come into the light, (not so) terrible poets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, nice poem, ab! We were sorely lacking a literal manifestation of the theme... enter, your awesome poem.

    Second, yeah I might have overreacted at Rosie a bit, about the changes. I have a hard time with change, I think. You CAN read the poems better, this is true. However, my eye gets a little confused with all the stuff on the left... I think it had a lovely flow with the followers/archive stuff on the right side. I also might be a little too details-oriented lately (thanks grad school).

    ReplyDelete