Friday, July 31, 2009

passive-aggressive poetry

I would like to direct my fellow Terrible Poets to a recent post on the Passive-Aggressive Notes blog.

One, it takes place in our fair city (well, in Minneapolis, anyway). Two, it involves a flair for the terrible poetry that makes this site what it is. I also think it involves a few terrible people.

Let us all imagine the following poem being read by William Shattner:

Remember how easy JH was to bag?
Give her five years she'll be an old hag.
And remember how easy she was to nail?
I wonder who will hammer her while you sit in jail.

While I, as you all well know, favor the blank verse form of poetry, I commend the former Wife of Keith (as she will surely be known to scholars in the future) on her rhyming couplets. I also must recognize her clever use of "hammer" after "nail," thus transforming her promiscuous rival into an object -- the final nail shutting the coffin of her own dead marriage.

It gives one pause. Much pause.

Also, not like I'm speaking from experience, but Sharpie graffiti on wood washes out in like one rainstorm.

(I am totally speaking from experience)

No comments:

Post a Comment