Sunday, February 28, 2010

nuns, friars, veggies

Friar Stephen climbed the hill to the nunnery
With a basket of veggies in hand
For he'd lately heard his dear sisters
Complaining of meals that were bland

Sister Catherine, when seeing his bounty
Brought her hands to her cheeks and she said
"Dear brother, I truly must ask you
How you grow tomatoes so rich and so red!"

Said he, "Dear sister, I go out each morning
So early that the birds even hush
And I lift my robes in front of my garden
And these tomatoes are so proper, they blush!"

Some weeks later, Sister Catherine herself
Travelled down to the valley below
To bring a thank you gift to her brothers
For helping their vegetables to grow

Friar Stephen greeted her, asking,
"Dear sister, are your tomatoes much redder?"
Said she, "Dear brother, they haven't changed much
But our cucumbers have never looked better!"

No comments:

Post a Comment